TOCILOG COLESLAW BURRITO WITH TOMATO SALSA
(Mixed of a pan fried tocino, scrambled egg, rice and a tossed classic coleslaw wrap in a tortilla bread topped with tomato salsa)
Classic pork tocino 1 pack
Cooking oil 250ml
Cabbage (shredded) 50gms
Carrots (julienned) 30gms
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Tortilla wrapper (grilled both sides)1pack tortilla wrapper
Eggs (scrambled) 2 medium size
Cooked rice 1 cup f rice
Tomato (diced) 30gms
White Onion (diced) 15gms
Red onion (diced) 15gms
Calamansi 5ml or to taste
Green bell pepper (diced) 15gms
Chilies (chopped)- optional to taste
1. In a medium heat skillet, pour a little amount of oil and put over the tocino cutlets. Fry both sides until tender. Set aside after cooking all the tocino meat.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss the shredded cabbage and carrots, put a little amount of mayonnaise, salt and black pepper (to taste), then set aside.
3. In a pan cook the beaten egg. Set aside.
4. Stir fry the cooked rice in the pan where you cooked the egg to slightly grease the rice. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. In another mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and chopped chilies; put a tablespoon of the calamansi juice, add salt and pepper. (To taste)
6. in a large medium heat pan, place the tortilla bread, grill both sides.
7. On a plate place the grilled tortilla bread, put the rice first, then the scrambled egg, next the tocino cutlets and lastly the coleslaw. Roll it up then topped with tomato salsa (salsa can be served cold or room temperature)